As the slow real estate market continues to show no significant sign of improvement, many real estate owners have switched gears to a defensive strategy. Their objective has become to not lose their property to foreclosure. It may be the fear of lost upside, tax consequences, or other personal reasons, but for some reason, many borrowers spend significant capital in the hopes the property will once again become economically viable. But is time running out? Is a “prevent defense” the right approach, or is the best defense, a good offense. And besides, what would a good offense entail? Access the full white paper here.
- @FitchRatings: Despite Less Specially Serviced Loan, Fewer Valuations are Current. about 21 hours ago in reply to FitchRatings
- Announcing the new issue of Restructuring Quarterly. Topics include Risk Retention, the default wave and more: http://t.co/TPtInjaL4n about 22 hours ago
- Risk Retention and why the Hill is barking up the wrong tree on page 3 of "Resturcutring Quarterly" http://t.co/TPtInjaL4n 04:31:45 PM October 23, 2014
- RT @jake_f: “You get more spread if you take more risk.” BwaAHAHAHA HAH HAH... LOL. Can't stop laughing! http://t.co/2FikYs1Ptl 02:32:34 PM October 14, 2014
- How will UK court ruling affect the CMBS industry in the US? @Case_PS shares concerns in article by @WiltermuthJoy : http://t.co/x4OMNymfNI 11:12:20 AM October 13, 2014
Good money after bad?
About the Blogger
Shlomo Chopp is the Managing Member of Case Property Services. CPS is a Distressed Debt Advisory Firm specializing in the workout and restructuring of commercial real estate encumbered by CMBS debt.
TagsBOV Greece Unpaid Principal Balance carve outs Fundamentals NAA CRE Finance Council B-Piece default bankruptcy Broker Opinion of Value professional Value commercial real estate Warrior real estate values Origination News finance globest Special Purpose Entity business DSCR cre A/B split retail workouts Special Servicer predatory lending Transparency risky Conflict of Interest War valuation UPB real estate Tishman Speyer NMHC CMBS 2.0 ICSC news Responsible investing complexities recourse George Santayan rising rates Standard & Poors REO credit default swaps art of War cmbs loans modification careveouts due diligence default risk loan workouts bondholders volatility restructure investments loans Subservice AIG Broker Pricing opinion Wall Street Journal conflicts Kroll Operating advisors BOMA Borrower Federal Reserve workout DPO capital loss Michigan Creditors kick the can property turnaround Controlling Class committee bad boy clase New York Times Servicer bond trading lending CASEfile Bankruptcy Remote defer losses new jersey collateralized debt obligation Greek CMBS TRUST distressed assets bonholders NAREIT CMBS borrower appraisal Sun tzu BPO uncertainty Fitch economy Special Servicers SPE Trepp Fed COntrolling Bondholder LTV broker borrowers Maturity default Special Services CMBS foreclosure CDO Maiden Lane III