As the slow real estate market continues to show no significant sign of improvement, many real estate owners have switched gears to a defensive strategy. Their objective has become to not lose their property to foreclosure. It may be the fear of lost upside, tax consequences, or other personal reasons, but for some reason, many borrowers spend significant capital in the hopes the property will once again become economically viable. But is time running out? Is a “prevent defense” the right approach, or is the best defense, a good offense. And besides, what would a good offense entail? Access the full white paper here.
- The great wall of CMBS maturities. Great chart formulated with @TreppWire data, presented by @REFITweets. http://t.co/iugvpuFr23 11:20:28 AM January 22, 2015
- CMBS Delinquency Drop Could Portend Easy Refinancing Year | Real Estate Finance Intelligence: http://t.co/AHwjod1D4G 11:23:32 PM December 15, 2014
- Ratings Shopping Imperiled by Move Against S&P: Credit Markets http://t.co/tAJRFMwZV9 08:27:11 PM December 10, 2014
- @Case_PS is seeking to hire a a seasoned CMBS & CRE pro to oversee Distressed CMBS Loan Restructuring. Apply at https://t.co/BZBexmQwQy 01:20:57 PM December 05, 2014 in reply to Case_PS
- RT @tracyalloway: Another energy loan fails to get sold - Citi, BofAML postpone syndication of $650m deal for C&J Energy, citing market con… 11:44:12 AM December 05, 2014
Good money after bad?
About the Blogger
Shlomo Chopp is the Managing Member of Case Property Services. CPS is a Distressed Debt Advisory Firm specializing in the workout and restructuring of commercial real estate encumbered by CMBS debt.
TagsA/B split finance Controlling Class NAREIT LTV Maturity default Trepp cre Unpaid Principal Balance loss George Santayan SPE conflicts Wall Street Journal loan workouts CRE Finance Council professional collateralized debt obligation bond trading carve outs bondholders ICSC Origination News complexities DSCR Creditors borrowers Kroll uncertainty Sun tzu B-Piece AIG CMBS 2.0 news predatory lending capital commercial real estate Special Servicer defer losses workouts art of War business Transparency cmbs loans UPB Broker Pricing opinion War rising rates DPO real estate values Special Servicers REO due diligence bankruptcy Federal Reserve workout CASEfile distressed assets default Fundamentals Greece investments new jersey default risk committee Bankruptcy Remote loans New York Times globest CMBS borrower Fed recourse bad boy clase property turnaround Broker Opinion of Value Fitch Servicer economy BOMA retail Operating advisors real estate foreclosure BOV bonholders broker volatility Warrior valuation credit default swaps Special Services modification kick the can Special Purpose Entity Greek Tishman Speyer lending Borrower restructure Maiden Lane III risky appraisal Conflict of Interest Michigan COntrolling Bondholder Value Subservice CMBS TRUST CDO NAA CMBS NMHC BPO careveouts Responsible investing Standard & Poors