As the slow real estate market continues to show no significant sign of improvement, many real estate owners have switched gears to a defensive strategy. Their objective has become to not lose their property to foreclosure. It may be the fear of lost upside, tax consequences, or other personal reasons, but for some reason, many borrowers spend significant capital in the hopes the property will once again become economically viable. But is time running out? Is a “prevent defense” the right approach, or is the best defense, a good offense. And besides, what would a good offense entail? Access the full white paper here.
- RT @NYREJ: Chopp of @Case_PS - Learns from every new project http://t.co/UxHz0l8J7T #NYREJ #YoungAndEstablished #cre 03:45:45 PM July 01, 2014
- RT @tracyalloway: Not-so-fun fact. More securitisations of non-performing home loans being sold than private-label MBS http://t.co/7PnlCECi… 08:15:05 AM July 01, 2014
- RT @LegalRealEstate: $3.5 billion New Market Tax Credit announcement http://t.co/JwwJgVEHSK | by @ballardspahrllp 05:49:56 PM June 23, 2014
- Amazing Loan Purchase, Restructure and Flip- all in less than a day. http://t.co/H5uV1czxyx 05:48:42 PM June 23, 2014
- RT @trdny: .@Bryantparkhotel debt trades at massive discount http://t.co/OlyynzvxNO 03:56:37 PM June 23, 2014
Good money after bad?
About the Blogger
Shlomo Chopp is the Managing Member of Case Property Services. CPS is a Distressed Debt Advisory Firm specializing in the workout and restructuring of commercial real estate encumbered by CMBS debt.
TagsNAA bankruptcy Broker Opinion of Value Kroll DSCR DPO Conflict of Interest new jersey Fitch A/B split committee business loans Bankruptcy Remote Broker Pricing opinion CMBS borrower borrowers professional risky Creditors retail Borrower recourse Standard & Poors COntrolling Bondholder kick the can New York Times bond trading War Tishman Speyer Operating advisors George Santayan conflicts volatility capital Wall Street Journal SPE Trepp rising rates defer losses broker Special Services distressed assets default risk collateralized debt obligation CMBS restructure UPB predatory lending Origination News foreclosure Controlling Class commercial real estate Unpaid Principal Balance Greece Sun tzu loss credit default swaps BOMA ICSC B-Piece BOV Maturity default LTV bad boy clase finance CASEfile CMBS 2.0 CMBS TRUST due diligence economy cmbs loans investments Subservice default Federal Reserve AIG Warrior art of War Special Purpose Entity appraisal valuation news Responsible investing Michigan careveouts workout Special Servicer complexities lending uncertainty globest Special Servicers Servicer BPO Fed property turnaround workouts Maiden Lane III cre bonholders Transparency bondholders Fundamentals CRE Finance Council Greek NMHC CDO Value modification real estate REO NAREIT real estate values loan workouts carve outs