As the slow real estate market continues to show no significant sign of improvement, many real estate owners have switched gears to a defensive strategy. Their objective has become to not lose their property to foreclosure. It may be the fear of lost upside, tax consequences, or other personal reasons, but for some reason, many borrowers spend significant capital in the hopes the property will once again become economically viable. But is time running out? Is a “prevent defense” the right approach, or is the best defense, a good offense. And besides, what would a good offense entail? Access the full white paper here.
- CMBS Delinquency Drop Could Portend Easy Refinancing Year | Real Estate Finance Intelligence: http://t.co/AHwjod1D4G 11:23:32 PM December 15, 2014
- Ratings Shopping Imperiled by Move Against S&P: Credit Markets http://t.co/tAJRFMwZV9 08:27:11 PM December 10, 2014
- @Case_PS is seeking to hire a a seasoned CMBS & CRE pro to oversee Distressed CMBS Loan Restructuring. Apply at https://t.co/BZBexmQwQy 01:20:57 PM December 05, 2014 in reply to Case_PS
- RT @tracyalloway: Another energy loan fails to get sold - Citi, BofAML postpone syndication of $650m deal for C&J Energy, citing market con… 11:44:12 AM December 05, 2014
- RT @chandanomics: #Bank #CRE & #Multifamily Lending Pulls Ahead of Pre-Crisis Levels http://t.co/jj9S20XJfz @CommObserver @GueldaVoien @Sam… 10:21:24 PM December 04, 2014
Good money after bad?
About the Blogger
Shlomo Chopp is the Managing Member of Case Property Services. CPS is a Distressed Debt Advisory Firm specializing in the workout and restructuring of commercial real estate encumbered by CMBS debt.
Tagsrecourse broker BPO Conflict of Interest Fitch credit default swaps A/B split commercial real estate BOV CASEfile Warrior Broker Opinion of Value foreclosure Responsible investing distressed assets Controlling Class SPE bond trading Operating advisors borrowers CMBS art of War NMHC Broker Pricing opinion due diligence DPO professional loan workouts real estate values CDO news cmbs loans CRE Finance Council REO volatility bankruptcy ICSC Special Servicers complexities economy investments globest Fundamentals default kick the can Special Services appraisal Michigan Federal Reserve rising rates Servicer Fed NAREIT Greek Greece workout cre COntrolling Bondholder uncertainty real estate default risk Sun tzu new jersey finance retail bonholders Wall Street Journal Standard & Poors Special Purpose Entity valuation CMBS TRUST Tishman Speyer New York Times War CMBS borrower lending loans loss LTV Maturity default risky Borrower Kroll careveouts Transparency workouts conflicts George Santayan Value Trepp collateralized debt obligation UPB carve outs Creditors DSCR business restructure bondholders capital Maiden Lane III predatory lending BOMA property turnaround committee modification Unpaid Principal Balance AIG bad boy clase B-Piece CMBS 2.0 Origination News Bankruptcy Remote NAA Special Servicer Subservice defer losses