As the slow real estate market continues to show no significant sign of improvement, many real estate owners have switched gears to a defensive strategy. Their objective has become to not lose their property to foreclosure. It may be the fear of lost upside, tax consequences, or other personal reasons, but for some reason, many borrowers spend significant capital in the hopes the property will once again become economically viable. But is time running out? Is a “prevent defense” the right approach, or is the best defense, a good offense. And besides, what would a good offense entail? Access the full white paper here.
- Oh, so cash outs are allowed after all, just depends who. http://t.co/rJiM0YysXH 08:18:21 PM February 26, 2015
- RT @KaraScannell: Morgan Stanley pays $2.6bn to settle mortgage claims - DoJ fines near $40bn on RMBS by @bmclannahan http://t.co/4yzM9Qns… 08:15:29 PM February 26, 2015
- CMBS 2.0 IN FOCUS: Class X – a Class Act! http://t.co/9H128V1Wya 08:09:48 PM February 26, 2015
- NYC’s MetLife Tower Said in $1.4 Billion Refinancing Deal http://t.co/A8VSSVEpDR 02:15:42 PM February 26, 2015
- RT @JR_Case_PS: The borrowers I talk to are very concerned, and the bankers don't seem to have a solution- yet. Great Analysis of th…https:… 11:40:38 AM February 26, 2015
Good money after bad?
About the Blogger
Shlomo Chopp is the Managing Member of Case Property Services. CPS is a Distressed Debt Advisory Firm specializing in the workout and restructuring of commercial real estate encumbered by CMBS debt.
TagsCOntrolling Bondholder War Unpaid Principal Balance real estate Bankruptcy Remote commercial real estate complexities Responsible investing careveouts NAA appraisal property turnaround cre CMBS retail CMBS borrower B-Piece Federal Reserve loss Maiden Lane III Value Borrower Controlling Class NAREIT DPO credit default swaps predatory lending restructure cmbs loans Transparency CMBS 2.0 George Santayan valuation globest CMBS TRUST Kroll ICSC distressed assets CRE Finance Council DSCR kick the can Special Purpose Entity bondholders finance SPE news committee collateralized debt obligation Maturity default conflicts real estate values Special Servicers New York Times Greece Broker Opinion of Value business defer losses bad boy clase Fed Subservice Fundamentals BOMA Origination News loan workouts LTV Sun tzu Fitch modification bond trading foreclosure Trepp UPB art of War default bankruptcy Tishman Speyer loans lending broker capital default risk recourse Broker Pricing opinion NMHC uncertainty Michigan AIG professional Servicer Special Servicer Wall Street Journal Creditors bonholders investments workouts A/B split Standard & Poors Greek Warrior BOV Special Services due diligence BPO new jersey CASEfile CDO volatility economy rising rates REO Operating advisors workout risky carve outs Conflict of Interest borrowers