As the slow real estate market continues to show no significant sign of improvement, many real estate owners have switched gears to a defensive strategy. Their objective has become to not lose their property to foreclosure. It may be the fear of lost upside, tax consequences, or other personal reasons, but for some reason, many borrowers spend significant capital in the hopes the property will once again become economically viable. But is time running out? Is a “prevent defense” the right approach, or is the best defense, a good offense. And besides, what would a good offense entail? Access the full white paper here.
- RT @jake_f: “You get more spread if you take more risk.” BwaAHAHAHA HAH HAH... LOL. Can't stop laughing! http://t.co/2FikYs1Ptl 02:32:34 PM October 14, 2014
- How will UK court ruling affect the CMBS industry in the US? @Case_PS shares concerns in article by @WiltermuthJoy : http://t.co/x4OMNymfNI 11:12:20 AM October 13, 2014
- RT @PeterGrantwsj: A Connecticut office tower causes headache for Landis Group, firm founded by @Vikings' owners Alan Landis. #Vikings http… 09:46:58 AM October 13, 2014
- Fitch on U.S. CMBS: More Solid Footing But Still Room for Improvement http://t.co/lzdRsWrD6u 10:00:54 PM October 07, 2014
- RT @LegalRealEstate: Real Estate: New California Case Illustrates Peril of Full Credit Bid http://t.co/vM1jGbLDQ0 | by @swlawnews 03:16:46 PM October 07, 2014
Good money after bad?
About the Blogger
Shlomo Chopp is the Managing Member of Case Property Services. CPS is a Distressed Debt Advisory Firm specializing in the workout and restructuring of commercial real estate encumbered by CMBS debt.
TagsSpecial Services Fundamentals New York Times retail bonholders Special Servicers real estate LTV careveouts foreclosure default modification UPB Warrior Servicer Greece appraisal Greek Sun tzu kick the can CMBS TRUST defer losses professional DSCR CMBS 2.0 borrowers loans business AIG economy cmbs loans Bankruptcy Remote Unpaid Principal Balance Wall Street Journal Origination News Responsible investing carve outs REO Conflict of Interest restructure due diligence Transparency investments Special Servicer BPO CASEfile complexities NAA volatility Fitch DPO bond trading lending Kroll default risk globest CRE Finance Council bondholders capital workouts CMBS borrower Controlling Class A/B split committee NAREIT Maturity default rising rates uncertainty finance BOMA War loss property turnaround Fed predatory lending ICSC commercial real estate loan workouts Standard & Poors BOV recourse risky Special Purpose Entity Operating advisors new jersey B-Piece NMHC Value SPE Trepp CDO Tishman Speyer real estate values George Santayan cre workout Subservice Federal Reserve Creditors bad boy clase collateralized debt obligation Broker Opinion of Value bankruptcy COntrolling Bondholder conflicts Maiden Lane III valuation distressed assets Borrower CMBS Michigan credit default swaps news art of War broker Broker Pricing opinion