As the slow real estate market continues to show no significant sign of improvement, many real estate owners have switched gears to a defensive strategy. Their objective has become to not lose their property to foreclosure. It may be the fear of lost upside, tax consequences, or other personal reasons, but for some reason, many borrowers spend significant capital in the hopes the property will once again become economically viable. But is time running out? Is a “prevent defense” the right approach, or is the best defense, a good offense. And besides, what would a good offense entail? Access the full white paper here.
- RT @RhiannonHoyle: The Fed to end its long-running bond-purchase program. Says it helped accomplish its goal of reducing unemployment. http… about 8 hours ago
- MUST READ for every CMBS or Real Estate Finance pro: @Cadwalader on the Risk Retention Rule: http://t.co/a6yl52fnV4 about 9 hours ago
- What to do when your loan docs and the lender are at odds: http://t.co/e578zoDr99 03:43:37 PM October 28, 2014
- Originators are preparing for the $323 billion refinancing wave. May we point out that half won't be refinanceable. http://t.co/TPtInjaL4n 01:56:29 PM October 28, 2014
- Case Property Services Launches “Restructuring Quarterly” http://t.co/msstmWQTZP via @PRWeb 09:00:47 AM October 27, 2014
Good money after bad?
About the Blogger
Shlomo Chopp is the Managing Member of Case Property Services. CPS is a Distressed Debt Advisory Firm specializing in the workout and restructuring of commercial real estate encumbered by CMBS debt.
TagsCMBS Broker Opinion of Value Responsible investing NAREIT business Special Services appraisal valuation collateralized debt obligation Special Purpose Entity NMHC foreclosure defer losses DPO NAA Greek economy DSCR commercial real estate Fitch Bankruptcy Remote workouts Maiden Lane III BPO rising rates modification George Santayan capital Value Special Servicer SPE globest default risk predatory lending property turnaround Wall Street Journal Controlling Class REO careveouts real estate volatility due diligence news Standard & Poors Special Servicers carve outs borrowers loan workouts BOV A/B split recourse Fed Servicer Origination News cre Warrior Greece workout AIG new jersey Michigan Broker Pricing opinion ICSC committee War Subservice loans Operating advisors default CASEfile professional Transparency Sun tzu CDO Fundamentals bankruptcy distressed assets Conflict of Interest LTV CRE Finance Council conflicts UPB complexities art of War Borrower COntrolling Bondholder kick the can loss retail Federal Reserve broker lending credit default swaps bonholders Creditors Trepp restructure CMBS borrower B-Piece real estate values Kroll finance New York Times Unpaid Principal Balance Maturity default risky CMBS TRUST Tishman Speyer CMBS 2.0 uncertainty bond trading cmbs loans BOMA bondholders investments bad boy clase