As the slow real estate market continues to show no significant sign of improvement, many real estate owners have switched gears to a defensive strategy. Their objective has become to not lose their property to foreclosure. It may be the fear of lost upside, tax consequences, or other personal reasons, but for some reason, many borrowers spend significant capital in the hopes the property will once again become economically viable. But is time running out? Is a “prevent defense” the right approach, or is the best defense, a good offense. And besides, what would a good offense entail? Access the full white paper here.
- Wall Street Shopping for CMBS Ratings as Warnings Raised http://t.co/A5s02pNVzR via @BloombergNews 09:21:02 PM August 21, 2014
- RT @NYREJ: Chopp of @Case_PS - Learns from every new project http://t.co/UxHz0l8J7T #NYREJ #YoungAndEstablished #cre 03:45:45 PM July 01, 2014
- RT @tracyalloway: Not-so-fun fact. More securitisations of non-performing home loans being sold than private-label MBS http://t.co/7PnlCECi… 08:15:05 AM July 01, 2014
- RT @LegalRealEstate: $3.5 billion New Market Tax Credit announcement http://t.co/JwwJgVEHSK | by @ballardspahrllp 05:49:56 PM June 23, 2014
- Amazing Loan Purchase, Restructure and Flip- all in less than a day. http://t.co/H5uV1czxyx 05:48:42 PM June 23, 2014
Good money after bad?
About the Blogger
Shlomo Chopp is the Managing Member of Case Property Services. CPS is a Distressed Debt Advisory Firm specializing in the workout and restructuring of commercial real estate encumbered by CMBS debt.
Tagsbond trading Greece bad boy clase Special Purpose Entity globest kick the can Fed distressed assets Fitch business BPO CASEfile valuation Maturity default careveouts appraisal loan workouts DPO loans War Special Servicers CMBS 2.0 NAA AIG news risky SPE Bankruptcy Remote investments Warrior Unpaid Principal Balance Fundamentals Servicer Controlling Class CRE Finance Council CDO Special Services bonholders complexities restructure LTV modification CMBS TRUST Origination News recourse NMHC COntrolling Bondholder professional capital Value ICSC Special Servicer cre UPB Transparency predatory lending Maiden Lane III B-Piece Operating advisors Standard & Poors bondholders George Santayan borrowers rising rates workouts cmbs loans art of War Trepp REO Tishman Speyer CMBS finance Federal Reserve foreclosure uncertainty real estate A/B split defer losses conflicts workout lending default bankruptcy economy due diligence Borrower New York Times committee default risk Conflict of Interest Broker Pricing opinion Responsible investing BOV broker carve outs volatility DSCR new jersey BOMA Broker Opinion of Value Sun tzu retail Creditors Kroll property turnaround Wall Street Journal NAREIT CMBS borrower Subservice commercial real estate loss collateralized debt obligation real estate values credit default swaps Michigan Greek