As the slow real estate market continues to show no significant sign of improvement, many real estate owners have switched gears to a defensive strategy. Their objective has become to not lose their property to foreclosure. It may be the fear of lost upside, tax consequences, or other personal reasons, but for some reason, many borrowers spend significant capital in the hopes the property will once again become economically viable. But is time running out? Is a “prevent defense” the right approach, or is the best defense, a good offense. And besides, what would a good offense entail? Access the full white paper here.
- Oh, so cash outs are allowed after all, just depends who. http://t.co/rJiM0YysXH 08:18:21 PM February 26, 2015
- RT @KaraScannell: Morgan Stanley pays $2.6bn to settle mortgage claims - DoJ fines near $40bn on RMBS by @bmclannahan http://t.co/4yzM9Qns… 08:15:29 PM February 26, 2015
- CMBS 2.0 IN FOCUS: Class X – a Class Act! http://t.co/9H128V1Wya 08:09:48 PM February 26, 2015
- NYC’s MetLife Tower Said in $1.4 Billion Refinancing Deal http://t.co/A8VSSVEpDR 02:15:42 PM February 26, 2015
- RT @JR_Case_PS: The borrowers I talk to are very concerned, and the bankers don't seem to have a solution- yet. Great Analysis of th…https:… 11:40:38 AM February 26, 2015
Good money after bad?
About the Blogger
Shlomo Chopp is the Managing Member of Case Property Services. CPS is a Distressed Debt Advisory Firm specializing in the workout and restructuring of commercial real estate encumbered by CMBS debt.
TagsICSC retail finance Broker Opinion of Value collateralized debt obligation Greece foreclosure DPO Sun tzu CMBS TRUST bondholders careveouts LTV B-Piece Fundamentals workouts Operating advisors capital new jersey risky loan workouts NAREIT Tishman Speyer Conflict of Interest Borrower credit default swaps Broker Pricing opinion complexities Warrior default risk CMBS 2.0 CMBS defer losses workout Creditors carve outs loans commercial real estate Subservice War art of War Wall Street Journal Fed property turnaround uncertainty Maiden Lane III SPE Michigan predatory lending Special Servicers Transparency Kroll CASEfile REO bonholders bad boy clase committee conflicts real estate values cmbs loans Trepp New York Times Fitch UPB globest CMBS borrower George Santayan professional DSCR Bankruptcy Remote cre economy BOMA BPO loss NAA broker appraisal Servicer valuation Maturity default Standard & Poors NMHC recourse rising rates Special Services Controlling Class volatility due diligence AIG Unpaid Principal Balance restructure CRE Finance Council COntrolling Bondholder news kick the can Greek real estate Responsible investing business investments default Origination News lending borrowers bankruptcy BOV Special Servicer distressed assets modification Special Purpose Entity Value A/B split CDO Federal Reserve bond trading