As the slow real estate market continues to show no significant sign of improvement, many real estate owners have switched gears to a defensive strategy. Their objective has become to not lose their property to foreclosure. It may be the fear of lost upside, tax consequences, or other personal reasons, but for some reason, many borrowers spend significant capital in the hopes the property will once again become economically viable. But is time running out? Is a “prevent defense” the right approach, or is the best defense, a good offense. And besides, what would a good offense entail? Access the full white paper here.
- RT @tracyalloway: Not sure whether to laugh or cry... MT @davidenrich RBS admits stress-test errors inflated its results. Would have barely… 11:15:57 AM November 21, 2014
- RT @agdicola: Second Half of 2014 Brings Another Wave of Sears Closures http://t.co/XexsD1bszK 02:43:27 PM November 20, 2014
- RT @NatlMortgagePro: All-Cash Sales Still a Third of the Market http://t.co/QzxDT7YMlW #news #mortgage 06:05:57 PM November 18, 2014
- RT @tracyalloway: The search for safe assets post crisis - Fed paper says US investors using foreign debt 'stead of AAA-rated CDOs etc http… 06:22:20 PM November 17, 2014
- 2014 or 2006? can't read the date clearly: Takeaways from the Recent Commercial Real Estate Lender Sentiment Survey: http://t.co/rUm987KPZc 06:20:50 PM November 17, 2014
Good money after bad?
About the Blogger
Shlomo Chopp is the Managing Member of Case Property Services. CPS is a Distressed Debt Advisory Firm specializing in the workout and restructuring of commercial real estate encumbered by CMBS debt.
Tagspredatory lending BOMA DPO Controlling Class professional bonholders Federal Reserve restructure news complexities Special Servicer Sun tzu CMBS borrower borrowers Fundamentals Tishman Speyer modification Bankruptcy Remote Special Purpose Entity committee A/B split Warrior collateralized debt obligation George Santayan bad boy clase appraisal due diligence Value ICSC Creditors Wall Street Journal DSCR Maturity default kick the can Transparency bankruptcy Fed CRE Finance Council Michigan globest Responsible investing real estate values BOV Operating advisors careveouts carve outs Borrower valuation finance CMBS TRUST Maiden Lane III commercial real estate recourse CMBS 2.0 defer losses conflicts capital Greek property turnaround credit default swaps bondholders cre investments default BPO REO COntrolling Bondholder bond trading Fitch CDO uncertainty distressed assets lending Kroll new jersey Special Services Broker Pricing opinion broker Trepp Subservice B-Piece art of War War volatility loan workouts CMBS foreclosure economy CASEfile LTV workout NAA loans Origination News Servicer real estate NAREIT rising rates loss NMHC default risk Greece Special Servicers business Conflict of Interest UPB risky AIG SPE Broker Opinion of Value Standard & Poors workouts New York Times Unpaid Principal Balance retail cmbs loans