As the slow real estate market continues to show no significant sign of improvement, many real estate owners have switched gears to a defensive strategy. Their objective has become to not lose their property to foreclosure. It may be the fear of lost upside, tax consequences, or other personal reasons, but for some reason, many borrowers spend significant capital in the hopes the property will once again become economically viable. But is time running out? Is a “prevent defense” the right approach, or is the best defense, a good offense. And besides, what would a good offense entail? Access the full white paper here.
- Principal Joins Macquarie in CMBS Bet as Sales Surge http://t.co/TxByhRWVA5 via @BloombergNews 07:55:05 PM September 13, 2014
- We bow our heads in remembrance & reverence of all the lives taken on that fateful day & those given in service to our great nation since. 04:41:33 PM September 11, 2014
- Wall Street Shopping for CMBS Ratings as Warnings Raised http://t.co/A5s02pNVzR via @BloombergNews 09:21:02 PM August 21, 2014
- RT @NYREJ: Chopp of @Case_PS - Learns from every new project http://t.co/UxHz0l8J7T #NYREJ #YoungAndEstablished #cre 03:45:45 PM July 01, 2014
- RT @tracyalloway: Not-so-fun fact. More securitisations of non-performing home loans being sold than private-label MBS http://t.co/7PnlCECi… 08:15:05 AM July 01, 2014
Good money after bad?
About the Blogger
Shlomo Chopp is the Managing Member of Case Property Services. CPS is a Distressed Debt Advisory Firm specializing in the workout and restructuring of commercial real estate encumbered by CMBS debt.
Tagsreal estate values retail property turnaround borrowers modification ICSC carve outs BOMA Greek professional news valuation collateralized debt obligation NAREIT uncertainty globest kick the can foreclosure CASEfile Special Servicers Subservice bonholders business capital DPO broker bond trading SPE commercial real estate New York Times Servicer loans Tishman Speyer BPO bondholders NMHC COntrolling Bondholder predatory lending workouts Transparency Fitch default risk Greece Broker Pricing opinion lending Warrior new jersey due diligence Value bankruptcy investments Fed AIG CMBS TRUST rising rates Responsible investing Conflict of Interest Sun tzu DSCR B-Piece CRE Finance Council volatility conflicts workout Borrower LTV Michigan finance careveouts Creditors Maiden Lane III bad boy clase Origination News Special Servicer recourse REO cmbs loans Broker Opinion of Value Bankruptcy Remote Special Services committee credit default swaps real estate appraisal Maturity default distressed assets Fundamentals CDO default NAA risky CMBS 2.0 Federal Reserve CMBS Unpaid Principal Balance Wall Street Journal loan workouts restructure Special Purpose Entity Operating advisors art of War loss Trepp BOV CMBS borrower George Santayan economy Controlling Class Standard & Poors defer losses War complexities Kroll UPB cre A/B split