As the slow real estate market continues to show no significant sign of improvement, many real estate owners have switched gears to a defensive strategy. Their objective has become to not lose their property to foreclosure. It may be the fear of lost upside, tax consequences, or other personal reasons, but for some reason, many borrowers spend significant capital in the hopes the property will once again become economically viable. But is time running out? Is a “prevent defense” the right approach, or is the best defense, a good offense. And besides, what would a good offense entail? Access the full white paper here.
- Oh, so cash outs are allowed after all, just depends who. http://t.co/rJiM0YysXH 08:18:21 PM February 26, 2015
- RT @KaraScannell: Morgan Stanley pays $2.6bn to settle mortgage claims - DoJ fines near $40bn on RMBS by @bmclannahan http://t.co/4yzM9Qns… 08:15:29 PM February 26, 2015
- CMBS 2.0 IN FOCUS: Class X – a Class Act! http://t.co/9H128V1Wya 08:09:48 PM February 26, 2015
- NYC’s MetLife Tower Said in $1.4 Billion Refinancing Deal http://t.co/A8VSSVEpDR 02:15:42 PM February 26, 2015
- RT @JR_Case_PS: The borrowers I talk to are very concerned, and the bankers don't seem to have a solution- yet. Great Analysis of th…https:… 11:40:38 AM February 26, 2015
Good money after bad?
About the Blogger
Shlomo Chopp is the Managing Member of Case Property Services. CPS is a Distressed Debt Advisory Firm specializing in the workout and restructuring of commercial real estate encumbered by CMBS debt.
Tagsnew jersey Fitch SPE default New York Times Fundamentals borrowers NMHC Tishman Speyer art of War uncertainty finance George Santayan rising rates careveouts retail risky NAA Bankruptcy Remote BOV bankruptcy economy REO BOMA loans Conflict of Interest workout modification Special Servicer globest workouts lending bad boy clase conflicts predatory lending Responsible investing Servicer CMBS Greece LTV Unpaid Principal Balance COntrolling Bondholder DPO Creditors commercial real estate Wall Street Journal defer losses valuation bondholders Standard & Poors CASEfile NAREIT recourse real estate values Fed professional cre broker Broker Pricing opinion CRE Finance Council capital A/B split Transparency Maiden Lane III carve outs business restructure War Sun tzu property turnaround appraisal Warrior bonholders default risk AIG Special Purpose Entity cmbs loans due diligence B-Piece Broker Opinion of Value investments CDO volatility CMBS TRUST loss ICSC Michigan BPO Special Servicers Borrower loan workouts CMBS 2.0 committee Controlling Class Special Services Kroll CMBS borrower Value Origination News foreclosure DSCR collateralized debt obligation Maturity default credit default swaps kick the can Greek real estate Federal Reserve Subservice Operating advisors bond trading Trepp complexities UPB news distressed assets