As the slow real estate market continues to show no significant sign of improvement, many real estate owners have switched gears to a defensive strategy. Their objective has become to not lose their property to foreclosure. It may be the fear of lost upside, tax consequences, or other personal reasons, but for some reason, many borrowers spend significant capital in the hopes the property will once again become economically viable. But is time running out? Is a “prevent defense” the right approach, or is the best defense, a good offense. And besides, what would a good offense entail? Access the full white paper here.
- Oh, so cash outs are allowed after all, just depends who. http://t.co/rJiM0YysXH 08:18:21 PM February 26, 2015
- RT @KaraScannell: Morgan Stanley pays $2.6bn to settle mortgage claims - DoJ fines near $40bn on RMBS by @bmclannahan http://t.co/4yzM9Qns… 08:15:29 PM February 26, 2015
- CMBS 2.0 IN FOCUS: Class X – a Class Act! http://t.co/9H128V1Wya 08:09:48 PM February 26, 2015
- NYC’s MetLife Tower Said in $1.4 Billion Refinancing Deal http://t.co/A8VSSVEpDR 02:15:42 PM February 26, 2015
- RT @JR_Case_PS: The borrowers I talk to are very concerned, and the bankers don't seem to have a solution- yet. Great Analysis of th…https:… 11:40:38 AM February 26, 2015
Good money after bad?
About the Blogger
Shlomo Chopp is the Managing Member of Case Property Services. CPS is a Distressed Debt Advisory Firm specializing in the workout and restructuring of commercial real estate encumbered by CMBS debt.
TagsTrepp Origination News BPO B-Piece appraisal NAREIT risky George Santayan loans foreclosure due diligence SPE Maturity default Special Servicer CASEfile Operating advisors news capital UPB DPO Broker Opinion of Value Controlling Class bad boy clase CRE Finance Council NMHC complexities Warrior CDO real estate valuation Broker Pricing opinion bankruptcy borrowers CMBS credit default swaps Fundamentals Unpaid Principal Balance volatility cre predatory lending distressed assets LTV bonholders CMBS TRUST professional committee collateralized debt obligation REO Subservice rising rates defer losses Michigan default risk art of War economy COntrolling Bondholder modification workouts broker Special Services restructure careveouts NAA cmbs loans business kick the can default finance Wall Street Journal investments CMBS 2.0 bond trading Value Creditors Kroll uncertainty Special Purpose Entity DSCR A/B split workout Standard & Poors loan workouts Fitch conflicts Maiden Lane III retail Responsible investing BOMA globest AIG bondholders Special Servicers loss property turnaround New York Times commercial real estate Conflict of Interest Federal Reserve carve outs Transparency War recourse new jersey Borrower BOV CMBS borrower Tishman Speyer Greece Bankruptcy Remote Fed Servicer lending Greek ICSC Sun tzu real estate values