As the slow real estate market continues to show no significant sign of improvement, many real estate owners have switched gears to a defensive strategy. Their objective has become to not lose their property to foreclosure. It may be the fear of lost upside, tax consequences, or other personal reasons, but for some reason, many borrowers spend significant capital in the hopes the property will once again become economically viable. But is time running out? Is a “prevent defense” the right approach, or is the best defense, a good offense. And besides, what would a good offense entail? Access the full white paper here.
- RT @NYREJ: Chopp of @Case_PS - Learns from every new project http://t.co/UxHz0l8J7T #NYREJ #YoungAndEstablished #cre 03:45:45 PM July 01, 2014
- RT @tracyalloway: Not-so-fun fact. More securitisations of non-performing home loans being sold than private-label MBS http://t.co/7PnlCECi… 08:15:05 AM July 01, 2014
- RT @LegalRealEstate: $3.5 billion New Market Tax Credit announcement http://t.co/JwwJgVEHSK | by @ballardspahrllp 05:49:56 PM June 23, 2014
- Amazing Loan Purchase, Restructure and Flip- all in less than a day. http://t.co/H5uV1czxyx 05:48:42 PM June 23, 2014
- RT @trdny: .@Bryantparkhotel debt trades at massive discount http://t.co/OlyynzvxNO 03:56:37 PM June 23, 2014
Good money after bad?
About the Blogger
Shlomo Chopp is the Managing Member of Case Property Services. CPS is a Distressed Debt Advisory Firm specializing in the workout and restructuring of commercial real estate encumbered by CMBS debt.
TagsGreek Maturity default Fitch bondholders Creditors due diligence BOMA War Maiden Lane III NMHC bankruptcy carve outs BOV CMBS borrower retail recourse volatility loan workouts Controlling Class rising rates workout Unpaid Principal Balance defer losses Origination News Broker Opinion of Value loans CASEfile SPE Michigan workouts Special Purpose Entity distressed assets Transparency COntrolling Bondholder lending commercial real estate Wall Street Journal risky Trepp Sun tzu ICSC DSCR broker George Santayan Kroll Special Servicer kick the can restructure Subservice borrowers A/B split Tishman Speyer property turnaround collateralized debt obligation foreclosure CDO Warrior Standard & Poors Responsible investing Broker Pricing opinion Operating advisors Special Servicers Special Services UPB New York Times Servicer uncertainty NAREIT economy globest cmbs loans professional B-Piece LTV bond trading careveouts Fundamentals appraisal Bankruptcy Remote investments Conflict of Interest conflicts real estate CMBS valuation credit default swaps news capital REO CRE Finance Council bonholders CMBS TRUST loss Federal Reserve new jersey art of War modification NAA predatory lending Greece CMBS 2.0 finance cre business real estate values Value Fed complexities DPO bad boy clase default risk committee AIG BPO Borrower default