As the slow real estate market continues to show no significant sign of improvement, many real estate owners have switched gears to a defensive strategy. Their objective has become to not lose their property to foreclosure. It may be the fear of lost upside, tax consequences, or other personal reasons, but for some reason, many borrowers spend significant capital in the hopes the property will once again become economically viable. But is time running out? Is a “prevent defense” the right approach, or is the best defense, a good offense. And besides, what would a good offense entail? Access the full white paper here.
- Oh, so cash outs are allowed after all, just depends who. http://t.co/rJiM0YysXH 08:18:21 PM February 26, 2015
- RT @KaraScannell: Morgan Stanley pays $2.6bn to settle mortgage claims - DoJ fines near $40bn on RMBS by @bmclannahan http://t.co/4yzM9Qns… 08:15:29 PM February 26, 2015
- CMBS 2.0 IN FOCUS: Class X – a Class Act! http://t.co/9H128V1Wya 08:09:48 PM February 26, 2015
- NYC’s MetLife Tower Said in $1.4 Billion Refinancing Deal http://t.co/A8VSSVEpDR 02:15:42 PM February 26, 2015
- RT @JR_Case_PS: The borrowers I talk to are very concerned, and the bankers don't seem to have a solution- yet. Great Analysis of th…https:… 11:40:38 AM February 26, 2015
Good money after bad?
About the Blogger
Shlomo Chopp is the Managing Member of Case Property Services. CPS is a Distressed Debt Advisory Firm specializing in the workout and restructuring of commercial real estate encumbered by CMBS debt.
TagsCDO UPB economy BOV Maturity default New York Times bond trading COntrolling Bondholder LTV collateralized debt obligation CRE Finance Council globest cre restructure workout kick the can DSCR NAREIT due diligence property turnaround loan workouts recourse DPO George Santayan Federal Reserve BOMA complexities credit default swaps Fed bad boy clase Operating advisors risky Broker Opinion of Value Servicer Controlling Class capital new jersey Maiden Lane III rising rates lending defer losses Special Services professional modification broker carve outs default Borrower news Special Servicers borrowers uncertainty REO default risk NMHC workouts CMBS borrower Special Servicer Origination News AIG Subservice Broker Pricing opinion foreclosure conflicts Sun tzu loans committee Trepp Creditors commercial real estate CMBS Greek appraisal A/B split distressed assets Transparency investments bankruptcy Value Unpaid Principal Balance loss NAA Responsible investing CMBS 2.0 art of War valuation Fundamentals predatory lending bonholders BPO Bankruptcy Remote CASEfile careveouts Tishman Speyer SPE Conflict of Interest volatility Fitch ICSC Wall Street Journal War CMBS TRUST Standard & Poors Michigan Greece retail real estate values B-Piece bondholders Special Purpose Entity business finance real estate cmbs loans Warrior Kroll