As the slow real estate market continues to show no significant sign of improvement, many real estate owners have switched gears to a defensive strategy. Their objective has become to not lose their property to foreclosure. It may be the fear of lost upside, tax consequences, or other personal reasons, but for some reason, many borrowers spend significant capital in the hopes the property will once again become economically viable. But is time running out? Is a “prevent defense” the right approach, or is the best defense, a good offense. And besides, what would a good offense entail? Access the full white paper here.
- Oh, so cash outs are allowed after all, just depends who. http://t.co/rJiM0YysXH 08:18:21 PM February 26, 2015
- RT @KaraScannell: Morgan Stanley pays $2.6bn to settle mortgage claims - DoJ fines near $40bn on RMBS by @bmclannahan http://t.co/4yzM9Qns… 08:15:29 PM February 26, 2015
- CMBS 2.0 IN FOCUS: Class X – a Class Act! http://t.co/9H128V1Wya 08:09:48 PM February 26, 2015
- NYC’s MetLife Tower Said in $1.4 Billion Refinancing Deal http://t.co/A8VSSVEpDR 02:15:42 PM February 26, 2015
- RT @JR_Case_PS: The borrowers I talk to are very concerned, and the bankers don't seem to have a solution- yet. Great Analysis of th…https:… 11:40:38 AM February 26, 2015
Good money after bad?
About the Blogger
Shlomo Chopp is the Managing Member of Case Property Services. CPS is a Distressed Debt Advisory Firm specializing in the workout and restructuring of commercial real estate encumbered by CMBS debt.
Tagscareveouts DPO modification appraisal Creditors CRE Finance Council Maturity default Maiden Lane III broker distressed assets complexities due diligence Responsible investing CMBS TRUST Fitch CASEfile loan workouts Broker Opinion of Value economy NAREIT AIG bond trading Tishman Speyer Servicer Wall Street Journal borrowers real estate Greece Special Servicer Conflict of Interest uncertainty Standard & Poors loss bondholders LTV news Bankruptcy Remote commercial real estate kick the can globest new jersey conflicts Special Servicers Controlling Class property turnaround rising rates COntrolling Bondholder SPE A/B split investments REO business bad boy clase Michigan predatory lending credit default swaps professional CMBS 2.0 BOV restructure committee default cmbs loans Special Purpose Entity valuation cre volatility Special Services BOMA NAA Greek Borrower risky CMBS borrower recourse Value BPO lending Federal Reserve Kroll Broker Pricing opinion New York Times Trepp workout foreclosure War bankruptcy Operating advisors Unpaid Principal Balance B-Piece Transparency Origination News loans CDO collateralized debt obligation defer losses Fed UPB finance ICSC workouts Fundamentals Warrior CMBS NMHC Subservice George Santayan real estate values default risk bonholders Sun tzu capital art of War carve outs retail DSCR