As the slow real estate market continues to show no significant sign of improvement, many real estate owners have switched gears to a defensive strategy. Their objective has become to not lose their property to foreclosure. It may be the fear of lost upside, tax consequences, or other personal reasons, but for some reason, many borrowers spend significant capital in the hopes the property will once again become economically viable. But is time running out? Is a “prevent defense” the right approach, or is the best defense, a good offense. And besides, what would a good offense entail? Access the full white paper here.
- RT @NYREJ: Chopp of @Case_PS - Learns from every new project http://t.co/UxHz0l8J7T #NYREJ #YoungAndEstablished #cre 03:45:45 PM July 01, 2014
- RT @tracyalloway: Not-so-fun fact. More securitisations of non-performing home loans being sold than private-label MBS http://t.co/7PnlCECi… 08:15:05 AM July 01, 2014
- RT @LegalRealEstate: $3.5 billion New Market Tax Credit announcement http://t.co/JwwJgVEHSK | by @ballardspahrllp 05:49:56 PM June 23, 2014
- Amazing Loan Purchase, Restructure and Flip- all in less than a day. http://t.co/H5uV1czxyx 05:48:42 PM June 23, 2014
- RT @trdny: .@Bryantparkhotel debt trades at massive discount http://t.co/OlyynzvxNO 03:56:37 PM June 23, 2014
Good money after bad?
About the Blogger
Shlomo Chopp is the Managing Member of Case Property Services. CPS is a Distressed Debt Advisory Firm specializing in the workout and restructuring of commercial real estate encumbered by CMBS debt.
TagsSpecial Purpose Entity cmbs loans CMBS TRUST loss Standard & Poors default risk real estate values uncertainty DPO Federal Reserve War Creditors new jersey DSCR Fitch Subservice default investments CDO New York Times Servicer Special Servicer credit default swaps Controlling Class Trepp art of War loans Bankruptcy Remote finance NMHC globest bankruptcy Sun tzu predatory lending loan workouts borrowers bondholders kick the can real estate retail workouts Conflict of Interest complexities LTV cre B-Piece Wall Street Journal modification commercial real estate Operating advisors restructure news CMBS 2.0 workout BOMA A/B split Unpaid Principal Balance Warrior Greece COntrolling Bondholder appraisal SPE business collateralized debt obligation distressed assets rising rates defer losses Borrower Special Servicers bond trading conflicts lending Responsible investing Special Services CRE Finance Council Broker Pricing opinion property turnaround Michigan capital Fed due diligence broker CMBS borrower Greek economy foreclosure recourse Transparency ICSC Value bonholders NAREIT careveouts volatility REO risky valuation CMBS bad boy clase CASEfile Kroll Maiden Lane III BOV carve outs NAA George Santayan AIG Fundamentals committee professional Origination News Maturity default UPB Tishman Speyer BPO Broker Opinion of Value